The community of Warsaw now has a direct, safe, multi-modal route to the town of Winona Lake thanks to the Market Street project. Neighbors are now better connected to schools, three Market Street parks, downtown, and each other through the improved connectivity provided by this project. Generous lighting and pedestrian-friendly crossings improve the safety and security of the neighborhood as well.
The investment in infrastructure by the city has stimulated private investment in residential improvements all up and down the corridor. As the City of Warsaw continues to make this type of infrastructure commitment, it shows that INDOT is working to meet the needs of all citizens from the tiniest tot to the elderly. Although it is typically about safe smooth roads for vehicular traffic, INDOT also wants a healthy community with various types of transportation choices that are useful for all citizens.
Read additional stories from this state:
- Heavy Haul Transportation Corridor Expansion in Clark County
- I-65 Added Travel Lanes Project in Bartholomew County
- I-65/I-70 North Split Reconstruction
- I-69 Finish Line
- Louisville-Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridges Project
- Town of Munster 45th Street Grade Separation
- U.S. 20/S.R. 2 Dogbone Interchange
- West Lake Corridor