One major priority of construction efforts in 2019 was to make sure that our supply chain remained strong and that access to healthcare facilities was improved.
In Frederick County, that meant the completion of a new $19 million MD 180 bridge over US 340/US 15 near the headquarters of Astra Zeneca, a COVID-19 vaccine developer, and major employer and pharmaceutical company. In Calvert County, the MD 2/4 Widening Project removed a bottleneck around Calvert Hospital. And in Worcester County, work was completed to improve access along MD 346 to Atlantic Hospital. Work is nearly complete on the $105 million I-81 Bridge connecting West Virginia and Maryland, a major route for commercial freight, and work has begun on a project to modernize the interchange around the former Bethlehem Steel site known as Tradepoint Atlantic, home to major retail distribution facilities for Amazon, Home Depot and Under Armour.
Read additional stories from this state:
- Context Driven Guide and Web Portal
- MD 2/4 Widening between Fox Run Boulevard and MD 231
- MD 273 over Big Elk Creek
- MD 30 Business (Main Street) Urban Reconstruction
- MD 32 Phase 1 Keeps Traffic Flowing
- New Dover Bridge (MD 331) Opens Access for Vehicle and Marine Traffic Without Delays
- New MD 261 Bridge Provides a Wider, Safer Route to the Beach
- Operational and Safety Improvements to US 1 in College Park
- Severn River Bridge (US 50/301) Transformation Brings Regional Benefits